Friday, June 09, 2006

Egypt..and my plans

Long draught in posts. Reason...I've been trying to finish up things in Jordan, bureaucratic/detail junk, as well as the more important closure with friends. This includes many great meals. In general, I'm very excited to go home and see friends and family, but I am sad to leave Jordan and the Middle East. Irbid, Jordan has really become like a second home, and I will always remember how good the people have been to me.

Brief update on my schedule. Well, I am currently tooling around Egypt with Anne, and that has been amazing! One thing it has not been, however, is relaxing. I swear, we get up early, go to bed late, all in one of the most intense cities in the world. But gosh, I love Cairo so much, and as Anne can tell you, being here pretty much puts a constant pep in my step. Anne has really liked Cairo too, which is wonderful, as people definetely either love or hate the place. Yeah, we've seen so much here, from the extreme poverty of Garbage City to the high society of Zamalek, and everything in between. And we've covered about every nook and cranny of Islamic Cairo. We also spent a couple of days in Upper Egypt, but with temperatures upwards of 117 degrees, that didn't last too long! Tomorrow we're off to the Red Sea for some much needed relaxation. This trip has been amazing, both the location and the company (of course!), but it's been all madness and no calm!

Anyways, I'll be back in Jordan on Tuesday, where I will spend a week of further preparation and goodbyes. For the following three weeks, I will be in an Arabic program in Fes, Morocco (yes mom, be jealous!), the artistic and cultural capital of Morocco. While I will both be sad from leaving Jordan and excited to come home, this time should be great. Following that, I'm off to another country, France, to visit the greatest dude who all signs point to him Dutch, but he really isn't, alive, Samuel Shrofs. Gosh, I can't wait to see him and France. That puts me home about the beginning of August! Whew! I certainly hope to see all of you then.

Well, when I'm back in Jordan, I will post some pics from our crazy adventure in Egypt. As some of you can probably picture Anne and I running around here, it's been quite the scene! I miss you all, and I will see you soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home